Monday, March 27, 2017

Blog #6

I'm currently reading Life As We Knew It by Susan Pfeffer and here's some words that I find interesting.

1. Commitment Pg: 6
Definition: A pledge or promise.
I found this word interesting because I don't hear it that much. Maybe it's because I'm still kind of young and huge important commitments aren't really talked about when you're around my age.

2. Cynicism Pg: 13
Definition: Being bitter, distrusting, or pessimistic of one's motives.
I found this word interesting because I have never heard it before and I feel like it's more common.

3. Anchorman Pg: 24
Definition: A person on the radio or television.
I found this word interesting because people never use the word anymore.

4. Vegetable Flats Pg: 39
Definition: A bunch of seeds in/on a tray.
I found this word interesting because I never heard of it, probably because I'm not into gardening.

5. Cusp Pg: 61
Definition: The point of a crescent, mainly referring to the moon.
I found this interesting because the moon has another nickname.


No comments:

Post a Comment